Thursday, August 10, 2006

SHHHHEEEEEEET! Tryin' to get home!

I'm at the airport at an internet terminal. Crazy flight stuff today, as 9 flights to the US were targeted for bombing. Mass confusion at the airport, but they are being as accomodating as possible. ABSOLUTLY NO CARRY ON LUGGAGE! No water- no glasses cases- no cell phones- NOTHING! just your documents and a rigid checkthrough. My Basses are under the plane in the SOFT case, originally intended for carrying on. I'm finally in the terminal, but we don't have a gate, and my SF flight is delayed. Can't find anyone from our party either. The guys on the LA flight are delayed as well. ALL european flight are straight-out CANCELLED. I've got a splitting hangover from my last drinks with The Answer- such brilliant lads- I wish them much success. I'm still drunk I think, which makes it not as bad. Wandering Heathrow some more until the flight, if it ever gets off the ground. I'd just assume flying tomorrow. We'll see....
Slightly aggrivated (but still smiling)
-Uriah

3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Ana B. said...

Uriah,
Ohhh it's soo crazy...I hope that everithing will get better and I pray to flight safe home!
When u arrive home pleaseeee wirte us to know that everithing is ok!

love, hug...and biiiig kiss...

Take care! x

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger ronster500 said...

Hi Uriah

Bummer about the flights man!
Hope you're back home soon anyway, thanks for a great tour (Saw Manchester/Brum- aborted/Sheffield/Cardiff/
Liverpool/Nottingham/Birmingham). Spoke to you VERY briefly at Birmingham aftershow, you shook me warmly by the jacket LOL!
Hopefully will get to say 'hello' properly next time, meanwhile stay safe! Ronnie

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger nouseforaname said...

That is harsh... Take some tylenol and settle with patience....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home