Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Wow- What a bass!

So my new friend Mark Palmer from the Newcastle shows in England tells me about his new Fodera Bass. I don't think much of it until the next day when he emails pics... and it's the exact bass I've always wanted- Victor Wooten Classic in Spaulted Maple. It's 1/2 hour before showtime and everythings a bit rushed... So with the little time I have, I borrow Reb's lil Vox battery amp and go on our tour bus to check the bass out. It was heavenly! I could have played it for 24 hours straight. Thanks Mark for letting me try your new axe. Too bad the thing is a bit out of my price range! I'm from the school that you don't have to spend a lot to get the job done professionally. (We also took my $125 Fender Jazz on the bus). So I almost hate that this luxury bass sounds, feels and plays soooo well. It's perfect! This bass is worth the plunge- if there was nothing else going on in my life! My son needs to go to college! One day... it'll be justified. Sigh. Drool. [current mood: happy]




1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Ana B. said...

-U!!! That bass sound is WOWWW!!!This axe is...mmmm...I can see the smile on your face and sadness in you eyes!!!...But belive me if you wish something very very much you will have chance some day to have that! Now you have other priority...you son!...and you know that is right thing!!!
We have one Ibanez axe in my home..this axe cost us too much...but money are just peace of paper...my hubby wanted to have it soo badly... and he have it now...:))
I belive that you will stay in that mood!!!
-Ana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home