Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Wow- What a bass!

So my new friend Mark Palmer from the Newcastle shows in England tells me about his new Fodera Bass. I don't think much of it until the next day when he emails pics... and it's the exact bass I've always wanted- Victor Wooten Classic in Spaulted Maple. It's 1/2 hour before showtime and everythings a bit rushed... So with the little time I have, I borrow Reb's lil Vox battery amp and go on our tour bus to check the bass out. It was heavenly! I could have played it for 24 hours straight. Thanks Mark for letting me try your new axe. Too bad the thing is a bit out of my price range! I'm from the school that you don't have to spend a lot to get the job done professionally. (We also took my $125 Fender Jazz on the bus). So I almost hate that this luxury bass sounds, feels and plays soooo well. It's perfect! This bass is worth the plunge- if there was nothing else going on in my life! My son needs to go to college! One day... it'll be justified. Sigh. Drool. [current mood: happy]




6 Comments:

At 3:06 AM, Blogger Ainsley WILLS said...

Hi Uriah,
Great video clip mate, sweet playing !!
Never sounded like that when Mark gigged it ..... hahahaha ..... LOL ...... only kidding !!

Great hooking up with you guys, enjoy th rest of the tour mate and I hope Doug is feeling tons better !!

Keep rockin' young 'un !! ; )

Ainsley

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Uriah, you are such a PARENT!! Haha! Always thinking about the kid! I think that is hilarious that you would put that in your blog b/c I said the same thing to myself just the other day at Macy's trying to talk myself into buying a new outfit to go out in for my birthday this Friday! Here's how I handled the "self-talk"... I just simply told myself that as a teacher I have to have "work clothes." I say the same thing to you...."It's a 'work expense'." So if you can swing it, Go for it Uriah-- a guitarist deserves to have the equipment that makes him play his best and feel like the Rock Star he is!" Did I mention that I saved and bought my (then) guitar player hubby a Pearl Les Paul for his birthday one year? Made him play and feel great! Thanx for the great on the road stories! Have a great show!! Love & Peace, Terri from the ATL

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Ana said...

-U!!! That bass sound is WOWWW!!!This axe is...mmmm...I can see the smile on your face and sadness in you eyes!!!...But belive me if you wish something very very much you will have chance some day to have that! Now you have other priority...you son!...and you know that is right thing!!!
We have one Ibanez axe in my home..this axe cost us too much...but money are just peace of paper...my hubby wanted to have it soo badly... and he have it now...:))
I belive that you will stay in that mood!!!
-Ana

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Funky hobbit said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Funky hobbit said...

Yo U,
In the short time I spent with you.I was moved by your enthusiasm and passion for music and more especialy the bass.
My Fodera now has your "Mojo" in it, so maybee my music will have a little more passion when I plug it in. LOL!!

All good things come to those who wait
Keep it on the "1" Bro.
Regards,Mark Palmer

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Minna said...

Hi! At the moment I feel the same, money is always the trouble. Only one WS gig for me and even the only one is a bit too expensive for me (travelling etc.). And then I feel bad leaving my kids for two days... Well, I know I need some time of my own, so it's not that bad. And I'm gonna see you all! :)

What a bass, although I don't know much of them, to be honest. It's beautiful!!! In life sometimes what you wish becomes true. If I win in a lottery, I promise to go and buy it for you straight away, it's a deal ok? :)

Minna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home